Thursday, January 4, 2007

Silverlake 101

This is a short I made yesterday of the neighborhood. I had an audition early in the morning for a Lincoln Mercury car commercial, they wanted real photographers for the ad. In theory it was an interesting Idea. I always want to book everything I go out for. That's just the way it goes. But afterwards I rallied around and got some digital scenes of Silverlake. I love the street art and murals and unusual shops. Last night the sunset over the reservoir was reflecting onto itself like a mirror. It looked like flames, ushering in the full moon in cancer shining a silver beam all over Los Angeles like a flashlight. I'm really getting into video blogging and plan on posting more diarist style installations. This one lost quality while I was converting it, but I'm learning. I've experimented with short films before. I shot one in New York called "Normal" and did another called "Japanese Beauty Music" shot on super 8mm while touring behind the scenes with Beck and his band thru Japan. It was one of the best experiences of my life. So I'm really starting to feel this. If you're out there, and you want to see more of L.A.'s culture or whatever, leave a comment. Or if you have some ideas or something cool, then tell me. I want to start posting interviews with artist's too. I acted in a short film last October called "EZRA" with Alex Ebert who is in a band called "Ima robot". He's so talented and terribly handsome. The film is actually quite sad. I took photo's of the set and us in costume and I'm planning on putting something together soon and posting it. I hope I can possibly provide a service or inspire people to start their own blogs. Let the world know your alive. !VIVA SELF EXPRESSION!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn gurl can you write! -aram stay iron, like a lion

Greg said...

hello carmen... i quite liked the fotos and video of your surroundings.

as someone who lives as east as east can be, it's interesting to see what's going on out west.

and thanks for turning me on to a silver mount zion -- i had never heard of them before...

INKLADY073 said...

I agree. U can FUCKING WRITE;)~~~~I do tattoos been doing them since I was 17>>I'm 35 now>>so from one artist to another keep eating them up>>Love from someone in your childhood, Heather