Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Starving Artist Status

We've finally gotten moved in. Silverlake is my favorite neighborhood in Los Angeles. Good people. I lived right next door for many years in Korea Town and really got on well there too. Then I moved to Los Feliz for about a second. But after I returned from Atlanta to greet Los Angeles again this year, it was my intention to stay as far away from this place as possible. I would have preferred this time to live in Venice or anywhere by the beach. Something unfamiliar. There are so many memories I would like to stay away from. Too much control ages you quicker. A young bride. A young mind. But no matter what, I am happy to be back in the Sun. Happy that evolution occured even if I didn't recognize it. Glad that I am different now. Brighter. Nicer. Loss will do that to you. I lost everything that was never truely mine. But what one gives to this world, this world gives back. And now I can say that a new revolution has happened. Humility has been learned and human dignity now respected. I'm HAPPY it HURT. I'm happy I got leveled. Because I know who I am now. And I know who I'm not. And I know that God exists. The problem is, I had to die first to be able to truely live. And I do want to live.

No comments: